Muscle and joint aches are some of the most common everyday complaints people have. There are lots of causes, including the normal aging process that can contribute to these pains. Three sources of muscle and joint pain are exercise, injury, and illness.
Massage therapy is one of the many soft-tissue therapies that are employed at Synthesis Integrated Health Group. Incorporating massage therapy into your overall health and wellness plan can produce amazing results. Whether you suffer from back pain or headaches, want to prepare for that big sporting event, recover from that weekend 5K race, or just want to relax and reduce the stress in your life; massage therapy may be for you! Some of the benefits that are associated with massage are:
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Increases joint movements and flexibility
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Helps with overall circulation of the body, which also speeds up healing time
- Promotes tissue regeneration
- Increases the release of endorphins, which is the body’s natural pain killer